That means that if you want to be guaranteed a roster spot on a NW travel team, you must register on-line or in person by January 24th. Even if you are an in-house player, you will want to take advantage of the early registration discount which also ends on January 24th. Don’t get left behind!
Visit the Registration Page for more information.
This election is particularly important as many of our current board members will be moving on soon even if the positions are unfilled. As part of a healthy transition, members should be involved even if they do not hold positions so knowledge can be shared. With all board positions ending in December 2014, we need for a new group to get involved especially from our In-House parents. You are the future of the club. Please work with your teams, discuss and organize before the experienced group moves on. Some existing board members are planning to run, but I’m sure they would be willing to support a transition or shadow the new officers if someone wants to step up.
Elected Club Positions
Those interested in an elected position should be nominated during the November 13th meeting. The ballot will be during the December 11th meeting.
- Northwest Player Rep
Appointed Positions (President Nominated and New Board Approved)
Those interested in an appointed position should make their intentions know to anyone running for an elected position so they can be considered for nomination and approval during the January Meeting.
- In-House Rep
- In-House Co-Rep
- Media Director
- Team Parents NWISL
- Team Parents In-House
- SpiritWear Manager
- Field Manager
- Co-Field Manager
- Equipment Manager
- Concession Manager
Descriptions, duties and election protocol can be found in the ByLaws.
The Chesterton Trojans (11-2-2) travel to the new field turf at the Panther Den to take on Griffith (8-3-1) in a nonconference girls soccer match. Join Mike Knezevich and Kent Rosenbaum for pregame coverage at 6:15 PM CT, with kickoff to follow at 6:30 PM CT, live on 1230 AM WJOB and live and archived on rrsn.com.
NWISL schedules are now available on the Schedules Page. You will find team links to the NWISL website. Please remember that travel schedules are managed by the Northwest Indiana Soccer League and not the Griffith Soccer Club. Always check with your coach if you have any questions.
JOIN US SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2014 FOR THE GRIFFITH SOCCER CLUB FUNDRAISER STARTING @ 9PM.
A $10 DONATION AT THE DOOR GOES TOWARDS THE GRIFFITH SOCCER CLUB.
ENTERTAINMENT PROVIDED BY DJ SHANE @ 10PM!
THERE WILL BE SOME GREAT DRINK SPECIALS:
- $2 MILLER LITE BOTTLES!
- $1 COORS LIGHT 12OZ DRAFTS!
- $3 MARGARITA’S!
- You are in danger if you can see lightning.
- You are in danger from lightning if you can hear thunder.
- Lightning often travels sideways as far as 10 miles and can strike away from any rainfall even when skies are blue.
In event of a storm, games and/or practices must be stopped and suspended until the danger has passed using the following minimum criteria:
(1) The sighting of a lightning flash or the hearing of the sound of thunder shall be reason enough to stop and suspend a game or a practice session;
• Do not wait until it rains
• Do not try to reach the end of a quarter or the end of a game.
(2) Coaches shall take their players to a safe location upon suspension of a game and/or a practice session;
(3) Following suspension of a game, the referees shall promptly leave the field to a safe location;
(4) Play and/or practice shall not be resumed prior to 30-minutes after the last sighting of lightning or the last sound of thunder heard.
For a complete list of SAY policies, visit SAY Soccer Playing Laws
By: Diane Poulton
August 20th, 2014
Participation in youth soccer teaches players the essential life skills of leadership, confidence, creativity and competition, Dan Perez, president of the Griffith Soccer Club says.
“Soccer is a fine balance of technical individual skills and tactical team skills happening at a very fast pace where every player is put in the leadership role,” Perez says. “Good young players develop and use both effectively. In other words, they know when to take charge and when to use support and never allow one to dominate at the expense of the other. This is a valuable leadership quality.”
See Full Article: Griffith Youth Soccer Program teaches life lessons
- Field is ready and game will be played
- A JV Game was added so feel free to come at 5 p.m.
- One Goal Club (soccer booster) is going to provide a FREE hot dog to every player who comes through gate in uniform.
All Griffith Soccer Club players are invited to YOUTH DAY at Griffith High School on Monday, August 25th at 6:00 p.m.
Come out to the New Turf Field* at Griffith High School and support the Griffith Varsity Boys teams as they take on Morton. Be sure to show to Griffith Soccer Club pride by wearing your uniform and get in free.
Hot Dogs and hamburgers will be available through the Griffith Soccer One Goal Club.
Please support Griffith Soccer.
** Subject To Change if the new field is not ready. If there is a cancellation, details will be posted here at www.Griffithsoccer.org.